Current Version: 0.10
Requires Android: 4.0 and up
Category: Arcade & Action
Pre-Alpha Version 0.10
- Fix gamepad input crashing on Android 4.0
- Only show OpenGL ES 3 backend on devices that support it
- Minor fixes.
Pre-Alpha Version 0.9
- Fix gamepad input
Pre-Alpha Version 0.8
- Fix devices that don’t support OpenGL ES 3.
Pre-Alpha Version 0.7
- Various issue fixes
- It’s a side navigation drawer, swipe left to right.
THIS APP DOES NOT COME WITH ROMS
- You must have the right to a given ROM before you play it!
It has come to my attention that Wii games crash the emulator immediately. Looking in to it…
OpenGL ES 3 guide
This is the first OpenGL ES 3 application on the Android Market! The amount of devices that support OpenGL ES 3 is minimal at best. Hardware support will increase in the future as more phones come to market!
This is a public preview release of Dolphin the Gamecube and Wii emulator for Android.
This is currently in early alpha testing, expect slow speeds, graphical glitches, and a myriad of problems with it.
If you’re expecting reasonable speeds out of this, you are sorely mistaken. This will run slow on every single Android device, no matter if it is the most powerful one in the world.
http://wiibrew.org/ has a bunch of free homebrew applications to try out.
One I particularly like to use is Starfield
Just some basic questions that have been asked that need to be answered
Why doesn’t this support 7z, zip, rar, etc?
– This doesn’t support those file types for a very good reason. To support those formats, we would need to extract the whole file(1.47GB-4.7GB) in to RAM which wouldn’t work with the limited RAM we get. The reason we would /have/ to extract it is because the format doesn’t support random file access, which all games do. If you want a compressed file format, use WBFS, or use desktop Dolphin to compress your games to GCZ format.
What file extensions are supported?
– GCM, ISO, GCZ, WBFS, DOL, ELF, DFF
Why did you drop support for < Android 4.0?
– I’m a one man band, I’m doing this by myself and I don’t have enough time to deal with older Android devices. The APK uses features only found in later Android version. The source is freely available if someone wants to contribute support to the project.
– It will crash. Alot.
– It might need to be force closed and ran multiple times to work.
– It will run slow
This app is licensed by the GNU GPL v2, and the full source code is available through the public GIT repository at https://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/